Total Pageviews

Saturday, January 16, 2016

Bacony Green Beans

Green beans are one of my all-time favorite veggies.  And when I started dieting I was afraid I'd have to give up the bacony rich flavors I'd come to love in Mama's home-cooked green beans. As it turns out, adding Trader Joe's nitrate free bacon and a scoop of duck fat make these green beans just as scrumptious as the ones Mama used to make. Yum.

Bacony Green Beans


Ingredients:

1   24 ounce bag of frozen green beans
      3  slices of nitrate free bacon
½  teaspoon duck fat
¾  cup coconut water
½  cup water
      1   tablespoon Herbs de Provence
½  teaspoon sea salt (or to taste)

In a medium pot brown bacon until done.  Remove from and set aside.  Melt duck fat in hot bacon grease. Pour in frozen green beans. Turn heat down. As green beans thaw, stir and add coconut water, herbs, and salt.  Simmer for 10-15 minutes (or until green beans are done).  Stir in cooked bacon and turn off heat. Serve hot.

1 comment:

  1. This recipe reminds me of the green beans I grew up with...I'll definitely be making this!!

    ReplyDelete