Total Pageviews

Sunday, January 10, 2016

Pan Seared Salmon with Smoky Peach Salsa

I am an absolute seafood fanatic and there’s almost nothing I enjoy sinking my teeth into more than a mouthwatering salmon fillet like this one.  With or without the peach salsa, this fish is sure to win you over, too.

Here, ghee replaces butter while the coconut aminos add a subtle but delicious layer of unexpected flavor. Yum.

Pan Seared Salmon with Smoky Peach Salsa



Ingredients:
Makes 1 fillet

1 half pound wild caught king salmon fillet (de-boned & unskinned)
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon Coconut Secret Coconut Aminos
Seasoned sea salt to taste
½ ground onion powder
½ teaspoon dried cilantro
1 tablespoon olive oil (not extra virgin)
1 tablespoon ghee
--------------------------------------------------------------------
1 tablespoon Trader Joe's Spicy Smokey Peach Salsa (option for cycle II Virgin dieters)



Gently water-wash salmon fillet.  Pat dry with paper towel.  Pour lemon juice and coconut aminos on all sides of the fillet. Let fish rest for 5 minutes.  In a skillet, heat olive oil and ghee. 

Season salmon with seasoned sea salt and onion powder.  Dust with cilantro flakes.  Place one side of fillet in medium hot oil and ghee. Cook until golden brown.  Turn fillet and let the other side cook for about 3 minutes or until that side is golden brown and flaky.When fully cooked, remove salmon from pan.

Turn off heat and quickly toss peach salsa in oils before putting on fish.

Serve with brown rice and cooked vegetables.

Disclaimer: I'm an amateur cook whose skills were learned from and honed by my mama, an amazing cook of old school southern fare. And because I'm no expert, recipes featured in my blog will NOT include caloric or nutritional information. 


2 comments:

  1. So glad I made this for dinner…the first bite caused me go Mmmm so so good… absolutely delicious. I felt as if I were dining in a classic restaurant eating the signature dish but wait, I followed the shared recipe, I made it and it was lip smacking good. Excellent!!! This was quite easy to make and worth the effort a person can muster to try in their kitchen. Yum Yum! I’m looking forward to trying other dishes Thanks Skinnyum for your blog, I now have access to eating healthy, good enjoyable tasting foods; all designed for the J J Virgin Diet I’m on. I can hardly wait to make this again, yummy.. Bon appétit to all who make this dish.

    ReplyDelete